The Catawba Island Club is a private club and event venue located in the Catawba Cliffs of Port Clinton, OH. The club was built in 1920 and sits on the edge of Lake Erie. Boating and golfing are two popular activities enjoyed by visitors to this club, and weddings have been hosted at the club for fifty years.
Why you’ll love your wedding photos here:
- Located on the water’s edge, Catawba Island Club offers the opportunity for bright and airy sky and water photos on your wedding day. The Catawba Cliffs in the background add natural interest.
- Wedding ceremonies can be held outdoors with guests facing the gorgeous open view of Lake Erie. As a backup plan (in case of rain) or as an alternative, the white tent on-site can host an indoor ceremony.
- The sun sets over the water. The staff at the Catawba Island Club will remove the West side of the tent during your reception, if you choose, to allow all of your guests to enjoy the view. It also creates a perfect setting for sunset portraits on a clear or partly cloudy day.
- The grounds are beautifully landscaped for photos to take place in various settings. The walls of ivy are a fantastic backdrop for family pictures and newlywed photos.
- All parts of a traditional wedding day can take place at this one location, including getting ready, ceremony, reception, and portraits. An all-in-one location is perfect for reducing the amount of time your guests wait for you between your ceremony and reception and can reduce the number of hours of photography coverage you need.
- A white tent reception is one of my favorite environments, making it simple to bounce added light from any direction for photographs as needed. It also lends itself beautifully to colorful up-lighting, which can add a glow to your photo backgrounds in any color to match your decor/theme.
Get more inspiration for your white tent wedding with this Pinterest board
Learn more about The Catawba Island Club here: www.cicclub.com